Problem with OPC

Discussion about communication protocols (configuration, functions, hardware required).
coban1984

Problem with OPC

Post by coban1984 »

Hi,
recently I bought a winlog developer license. The package came with the newest version of winlog + the usb key, of course. After installation was done, I tried to connect to OPC client on Configuration->channels, but it closed with message P_opc: Access denied. After that, Pmanager crashes giving me that typical windows message something like Pmanager has crashed,if you want to report blah blah..... After few tries I finally managed to connect to the OPC. Tried the same on another PC, it came up with same error, after which Pmanager became unresponsive. It's irritating because in 1 out of 10 attempts to connect, it works like a charm.
I'm using MOXA OPC lite verison of OPC server that is running on same PC where I have Winlog installed. I tried installing and uninstalling winlog pro, OPC server,different versions of Windows several times. Tried to set DCOM properties and permittions according to:http://www.sytech.com/download/OPC_and_DCOM.pdf.

I was hoping if You could give me more information about the error.
I'm unable to send you screen shots right now, but, if necessary, I will post them soon.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Problem with OPC

Post by admin »

Hi,
I tested MOXA OPC Server Lite and working properly. Which version of Winlog are you using? What's your operating system?

Thanks
coban1984

Re: Problem with OPC

Post by coban1984 »

Tnx for quick reply!

I've tried it on WinXP SP 1 and SP 3, on several computers. I'm using the latest version of Winlog 2.07. Meanwhile i figured that the problem occurs when I manualy copy the project onto another PC and then go to config->channels. In that case I have already OPC selected, but that OPC is then on another PC. If i select options, Pmanager crashes. anyway I belive i solved the problem by first setting the channel on none, closing pmanager, and then resetting it to opc client. So the problem is probably in an order I try to connect manually copied old project to a different opc.

If anything else turns up, i will post here.