Gate sampling time - RS485 Speed

Discussion about Gate Builder and variables database creation.
bctBCT76

Gate sampling time - RS485 Speed

Postby bctBCT76 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Dear All,

I have some random failures on reading gates from 3 devices. Sometime Winlog (purchased) crashes and I don't understand why. Number of reading errors are ridiculous and they are not giving me many problems but I want to understand if I'm sampling too much or if I don't need to sample at all.

Lets say I have a code that:
Reads Gate A (GetNumGate... )
make some complicate calculations
Sleeps 3 seconds
Repeat from beginning

Do I have to set GateA sampling to Always and put a certain time or the sw will read that gate even if there is no sampling active because the code instruct this reading to be performed?

If I'm overloading the CPU (and filling the memory) with too many gates reading I would reduce the frequency of sampling or shall I increase RS485 speed in order to spend less time in sampling these few gates (it is now the minimum 9600 and frequency is 5 seconds). I'm sampling less than 30 gates but making complex calculations/reporting and charting, loading CPU with other data.. so I wish to understand where am I doing something wrong...

Thanks everybody

admin
Site Admin

Re: Gate sampling time - RS485 Speed

Postby admin » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:10 am

Dear Sir,
I think the problem is not the sampling. Maybe you made a mistake elsewhere. Can you send your application to support@sielcosistemi.com so that I can check it.

Best regards

bctBCT76

Re: Gate sampling time - RS485 Speed

Postby bctBCT76 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:39 am

Thanks a lot,

I sent it few minutes ago

Cheers

Return to “Tags - Gate Builder”